What Works For Me
by Polly Redmond
Being a teacher means I work long hours in an intense job, so time management is important.
Here are some time management tips that I find work well for me:
- I always leave my work laptop at work.
- I don't do any work on Friday evenings or Saturdays.
- I aim to do jobs as they come in, not just before they have to go out!
- Prioritize not only according to deadlines, but for the amount of work I estimate will be required to meet them.
- If I don't understand what is being asked of me I find out straight away. It may not be appropriate for me to do that work in which case doing it would be a waste of my time.
- If the work request isn't clear to me I make sure it is made so as soon as possible. I only start the task when I know exactly what I have to do. That way I only focus on what matters.
- Put reminders in my diary of deadlines - for example, one week before.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Time Management For Teachers.
Want TMS to Come to You?
Subscribe for time management articles, tips and offers, direct to your inbox on the first Tuesday of every month.
Your e-mail address is secure. I'll only send you information on Time Management Success, and you can unsubscribe at any time.