What Works For Me
by Polly Redmond
Being a teacher means I work long hours in an intense job, so time management is important.
Here are some time management tips that I find work well for me:
- I always leave my work laptop at work.
- I don't do any work on Friday evenings or Saturdays.
- I aim to do jobs as they come in, not just before they have to go out!
- Prioritize not only according to deadlines, but for the amount of work I estimate will be required to meet them.
- If I don't understand what is being asked of me I find out straight away. It may not be appropriate for me to do that work in which case doing it would be a waste of my time.
- If the work request isn't clear to me I make sure it is made so as soon as possible. I only start the task when I know exactly what I have to do. That way I only focus on what matters.
- Put reminders in my diary of deadlines - for example, one week before.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Time Management For Teachers.
* * *
Want TMS to Come to You?
Subscribe for time management ideas, articles, tips and offers, direct to your inbox on the first Tuesday of every month.
Here's a taste of what to expect.
Your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to only send you information on Time Management Success, and you can unsubscribe at any time.